The Union of Agricultural Work Committees (UAWC) denies the Israeli news about the Israeli court’s decision to close UAWC under charges of “supporting terrorism” and confirms that the court’s decision is concerning an agricultural committee based in Jerusalem called ” Agricultural Work Committee“. The decision was issued under the charges of this organization’s violation of the registration requirements followed there, and not for their affiliation to any political organization.
In this context, we affirm that UAWC is registered and licensed by the Palestinian Authority and not by the Israeli government. We also confirm that what the Israeli media reported is part of the Israeli government’s incitement against the Palestinian people in general, and Palestinian civil society organizations in particular.
Here we affirm on the following:
- The decision of the Israeli Court in Jerusalem is concerning an association operating only in Jerusalem, called Agricultural Work Committee, not the Union of Agricultural Work Committees (UAWC).
- What has been reported by Israeli media agencies since yesterday, Monday 29th January 2018 falls under the framework of the continuous incitement against UAWC that aims to hamper UAWC’s ability to continue to support for thousands of Palestinian families in reas classified as “C.
- We would like to reemphasize that the Union of Agricultural Work Committees (UAWC) is a Palestinian organization operating according to the Palestinian laws and is officially registered in Ramallah by the Palestinian National Authority. UAWC is also operating in accordance with international standards and under the supervision of the international community.
- We call on the Palestinian media to be careful and cautious in its publications so as not to be used unintentionally as a tool to promote Israeli incitement.
- We reaffirm that the Union of Agricultural Work Committees (UAWC) is a developmental organization with no political affiliation. Andit is struggling to help Palestinian farmers to strengthen their steadfastness on their own land.